Teeth Whitening and Cleaning If you lack confidence in a smile due to your yellow or discolored and dyed teeth, whitening may be the solution to your problem.
Teeth whitening is a simple and very regular cosmetic procedure that is performed in the clinics of the name Samir Best Dentist. This procedure helps to get rid of stains and yellow tissue on the teeth, and the result is to lighten and brighten the teeth, which gives you a smaller, more attractive and beautiful smile.
What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening and cleaning, being a cosmetic procedure, adds a great value to the beauty of your teeth, as it maintains the whiteness and shine of your teeth and their health, and provides you with confidence in interacting with people.
Are there any side effects from bleaching?
The most common side effect is tooth sensitivity for a day after the procedure; This sensitivity occurs only to a small number of patients, and can be avoided by using anti-allergic toothpaste.
What care should be taken after the whitening procedure?
The following are the instructions that will be given to you after the whitening procedure:
- Not eating any colored food items such as tea, turmeric, curry and coffee for 3 to 4 days; This is because the teeth tend to absorb the excess coloring agents for a few hours after the procedure.
- Use hypoallergenic toothpaste for two weeks.
- Avoid anything excessively hot or cold for a couple of days.
What is teeth whitening and cleaning teeth and what is its importance?
Teeth whitening and cleaning is the removal of plaque accumulated on the surfaces of the teeth from the outside and the inside, and cleaning the teeth mainly removes the lime accumulated on them, and removes the plaque layer and external surface pigments only, that is, it restores the teeth to their original color only, but does not change their color or whiten them.
Causes of tooth discoloration?
A change in the color of the teeth occurs as a result of a number of factors, namely:
- Increase the number of drinks that help to stain the teeth, such as tea and coffee
Failure to take proper care of your teeth, which leads to tartar, plaque and other deposits forming
- Some diseases that affect the enamel layer
- Cigarette smoking
- Teeth enamel thinning due to aging
- Taking antibiotics
- Excessive use of fluoride toothpaste, especially if this habit began in childhood.
- Hereditary causes
- Eating unhealthy food
- Dry mouth: because the lack of saliva leads to less protection of the enamel
- Breathing through the mouth and not breathing through the nose, which leads to dehydration of saliva.
The importance of cleaning teeth at the doctor
- Improves oral health, keeps it clean, and protects against the formation of gum
- Protect teeth from loosening and falling off.
- Contribute to removing discoloration that occurs on the teeth due to food and drink deposits.
- Prevent tooth decay.
- Removal of soft or hard layers of bacterial plaque.
- Eliminate harmful bacteria that are stuck in plaque.
The damage of not cleaning the teeth
- Tooth decay due to the accumulation of tartar
- Tartar periodontitis disease that forms above the gum line is very harmful to it, because bacteria may irritate and damage the gums, over time, this may gradually lead to gingivitis.
- Gum bleeding during brushing the teeth as a result of the formation of pockets between the gums and the teeth that are filled with bacteria, and this is called periodontitis, so the immune system sends antibodies to fight the inflammation, and it mixes with the bacteria to form a substance that harms the bones and tissues that carry the teeth
It is preferable to perform teeth whitening and cleaning of the teeth in Dr. Bassem Samir clinics, to get the best results and keep the teeth strong.